Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Potty Time

I have introduced the potty some time back to Jackson.  He just looked at it for a while, then he became curious and started putting items in the pot and carrying it around.  My parents had a potty the played a little tune when the child used the toilet.  Our frineds little one used the potty and Jackson was amazed with the sounds.  So he started dropping things into the bottom and even putting his hand in it to make the sounds.  Although cute, I searcehd for a more simple potty.  I think Jackson has realized that there are no cute songs going to come from this new one. We have had 3 successes; 2 poopies and a peepee :-D  The joys of being able to speak about potty training.  Jackson is excited to sit on the potty, it is just keeping him there to do his business that is the tricky part.  I am not being pushy by any means, just encouraging.  I figure this late spring and summer I will go full force.  Most everyone tells me that is the best time to potty train. 


Just like his daddy, Jackson has to have the essentials when it's potty time...a BOOK!  Jesse dances around looking for something to read before he goes to the bathroom, so we try to keep something handy for Jackson
to read. 


The toy truck at his feet is a bonus :-)

Til next time...

2 comments:

  1. That is great that he is doing good with the potty. Jadon has been on a stretch on not wanting to use it but today he used it to go peepee and I was so happy he had given it another try. I hope he will get better very soon. I use bribes lol like candy and stickers for his potty chart.And the book thing is priceless, jadon's cute little quirk is when he wants to go sometimes he can't so he'll say I can't and look mad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I love potty pics :). I am so clueless when it comes to potty training! I had no idea that they even made a potty that played music! I can't wait until the day that I no longer have to buy diapers :).

    ReplyDelete